My favorite Rock Star is Jimmy Page. I have been in love with him for 29 years.
Here are 13 things I love about Jimmy Page.
1. In my opinion he is one of the best guitarists that ever lived and ever will live. There have been debates over this as to who is actually better; Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, but honestly I like Jimmy the most. This is not to say the others don't deserve recognition, they do, but to me, there is something about Mr. Page that just gives him an edge.
2. Ummm...He's British (that is an automatic increase in hotness factor). I'm such an anglophile.
3. He had/has the best hair in Rock history. Thick, Shiny, Dark, Wavy, Long. Good grief, women would kill for this stuff.
4. He looks great with silver hair. I thought he was hot with his dark hair, but man, something about him and the silver hair makes me weak in the knees. I was unhappy with his hair during the late 80s (awful 80s glam rock curly dyed rat nest), and the early 90s through the early 2000's (short black dyed mess). I am glad he finally embraced his age. There is nothing wrong with gray hair, and when you are as hot as Jimmy Page, it can only make you look sexier.
5. He likes the Blues. He is the one that actually got me interested in the genre. Because of him, I've learned to appreciate the blues. Most of Led Zeppelin's stuff is blues based, so I suppose I always liked the blues a-la Jimmy.
7. (He's a Knight) Sir James Patrick Page II. In 2005, Page was awarded the Order of the British Empire in recognition of his Brazilian charity work for Task Brazil and Action For Brazil's Children's Trust.
8. I really love that he doesn't do THIS anymore!! As well as other recreational activities which shall not be named.
*I sit in non-judgement*
9. He is a snazzy dresser. Always the proper English gentleman. Look at that suit, look at him in the suit. That suit costs more than my whole wardrobe. He proves rock stars do have class.
10. He is the founder of Casa Jimmy. Casa Jimmy started functioning in October 1998 and took its first intake of abandoned street children. Local care workers, youth workers and social workers were employed to provide the best possible care for the children. Since then, over 450 children and teenagers have benefited from the home.
11. He was such a cute kid. Even then he was a proper English gentleman in his manner of dress. He probably had all the little girls falling all over themselves, even then.
12. He has other talents besides playing the best guitar in the world. He is an artist. Before Jimmy became a Rock God, he attended art college in England. Music won out obviously, but he still paints. Cannot find any of his canvas work online, but his 'Jeff Beck' guitar has his art work all over it.
13. He was and is and always will be the most handsome man I've ever seen.