Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Thirteen 94 (week 2)

Photobucket


My favorite Rock Star is Jimmy Page. I have been in love with him for 29 years.

Here are 13 things I love about Jimmy Page.


1. In my opinion he is one of the best guitarists that ever lived and ever will live. There have been debates over this as to who is actually better; Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, but honestly I like Jimmy the most. This is not to say the others don't deserve recognition, they do, but to me, there is something about Mr. Page that just gives him an edge.


2. Ummm...He's British (that is an automatic increase in hotness factor). I'm such an anglophile.


3. He had/has the best hair in Rock history. Thick, Shiny, Dark, Wavy, Long. Good grief, women would kill for this stuff.


4. He looks great with silver hair. I thought he was hot with his dark hair, but man, something about him and the silver hair makes me weak in the knees. I was unhappy with his hair during the late 80s (awful 80s glam rock curly dyed rat nest), and the early 90s through the early 2000's (short black dyed mess). I am glad he finally embraced his age. There is nothing wrong with gray hair, and when you are as hot as Jimmy Page, it can only make you look sexier.


5. He likes the Blues. He is the one that actually got me interested in the genre. Because of him, I've learned to appreciate the blues. Most of Led Zeppelin's stuff is blues based, so I suppose I always liked the blues a-la Jimmy.



7. (He's a Knight) Sir James Patrick Page II. In 2005, Page was awarded the Order of the British Empire in recognition of his Brazilian charity work for Task Brazil and Action For Brazil's Children's Trust.


8. I really love that he doesn't do THIS anymore!! As well as other recreational activities which shall not be named.
*I sit in non-judgement*



9. He is a snazzy dresser. Always the proper English gentleman. Look at that suit, look at him in the suit. That suit costs more than my whole wardrobe. He proves rock stars do have class.


10. He is the founder of Casa Jimmy. Casa Jimmy started functioning in October 1998 and took its first intake of abandoned street children. Local care workers, youth workers and social workers were employed to provide the best possible care for the children. Since then, over 450 children and teenagers have benefited from the home.



11. He was such a cute kid. Even then he was a proper English gentleman in his manner of dress. He probably had all the little girls falling all over themselves, even then.





12. He has other talents besides playing the best guitar in the world. He is an artist. Before Jimmy became a Rock God, he attended art college in England. Music won out obviously, but he still paints. Cannot find any of his canvas work online, but his 'Jeff Beck' guitar has his art work all over it.



13. He was and is and always will be the most handsome man I've ever seen.



View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

19 comments:

i beati said...

I look at him with brand new eyes

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! He certainly did have absolutely beautiful hair. *swoon*

I am Harriet said...

I listen to his Zeppelin stuff still to this day.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/how-to-not-be-the-obnoxious-self-promoters/

New Leaf said...

I honestly never gave much thought to Jimmy Page specifically. This may change how I hear Zeppelin forever!

Happy TT!

Hazel said...

I just realized I'm a bad anglophile to not know many of these about Jimmy Page. When you said he's british that's when I moved closer to the computer. I like no. 10 about him.

P.S. That's a charming T13 badge you have.

Anonymous said...

I love the line, "before he became a Rock god..." You say it so casually.

kandyblossom said...

I must agree that he is an awesome guitarist! Awesome enough to make this country music fan want to listen to Led Zeppelin.

Have a great day!

Mia Celeste said...

Oh, cool. I've learned about Jimmy Page. :) Thanks for sharing.

CountryDew said...

Wow, and I thought all he did was play a mean guitar. Great post.

Unknown said...

Yep, he's all sorts of awesome, right up there with Jimi Hendrix. I had to laugh, Peter Frampton was on Oprah today. Talk about a blast from the past.
Happy T13!

sherilee said...

I love an adoring fan! How cool was that list? Very. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Swanson said...

You know what, I'm not a huge rock fan, but this list made me think well of Jimmy Page! It also gave me an idea for doing a TT on someone of whom I'm a big fan. You did a great job telling us why you like him so much.

Like you, I love to read...I actually have a book blog in addition to my regular blog. Hope you'll stop by when you get a chance.

Oh, and I'm a huge Anglophile too! I went to a British school in Lebanon when I was a child, and the experience has stuck with me for life.

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

Like fine wine...just get better with time

dawn marie sargent said...

Hello, I am Dawn Marie.... I find your love for this.... soul friend of 43 years all kinds of COOL....
I will send him the link to this, I suspect mr. google pants already has seen it...
But know that... oh I don't know how to say this right...
He was NOT OKAY while married to Jimena... he is okay again... and I think you will find MUCH is going to be NEW to add to your list very soon.
They call me ... babbalon...
I have known this man for my entire life and LOVE ALL WHO LOVE HIM...
hey... write me sometime...
and remember, the best of Pagey is hidden... see you above the din... XOXOX (sargent is the last name...these days... )

Unknown said...

Cool list, In full agreement with everything, except (sorry to disappoint you) - he's not actually Sir Jimmy. He has an OBE, not a knighthood. A knighthood is a different, higher, honour.

dawn marie sargent said...

CARA IS CORRECT. THERE ARE SEVERAL LEVELS OF AWARD BEFORE THE KNIGHTHOOD AND ROBERT PLANT HOLDS THE HIGHER HONOR OF "CAPTAIN OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE"
THAT IS A "C.B.E."
JIMMY HAS AN O.B.E.

The person there that claims to be me is... not me but not unauthorized and if you wish to hear the best of this artist and LED ZEPPELIN?

THIS IS FREE/DOWNLOADABLE and AVAILABLE WITHOUT USE OF FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/LedZeppelinRadio

Mr. PAGE FINDS IT A FAVORITE.

Unknown said...

Number 11 is not Jimmy page it is mitch Mitchell of jimi hendrix experience

Unknown said...

Number 11 is not Page. That is Mitch Mitchell from Jimmi Hendrix Experience

FeeFer said...

RIP, Dawnie. ��