Monday, November 1, 2010

My Weekend in Pictures

Today is the start of Nanowrimo, but I hope to at least stop by once a day and post something, Nano related or not. Today is Not Nano related, today is a pictorial of my weekend. Enjoy.


FRIDAY
The weekend started off with Clarissa going to her schools annual Halloween party. She is Alice in Wonderland (the brunette version). She is equipped with rabbit and all. She did her own makeup. Her party was a lot of fun.












SATURDAY34th Street in NYC, is decorated for the fall season. Along the sidewalk they placed pumpkins, gourds and corn around the trees that line the walkway. Very festive, breaks up the stoney gray atmosphere.











The girls who work at the guitar school were in the spirit. Amy and Michelle show us how cool it is to be a cat and a devil. Michelle is not really a devil, she is a sweet girl.




Fellow guitarists, Ken, Ken and Kathy practice their "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash in the lounge. As you can see, they are having a lot of fun.








SUNDAY


In between all the fun, Me and my friend Elizabeth (yes a lot of us are named Elizabeth), had a solo in church. It was just one line of a very difficult but short song. Here we are, you can only see my back, sorry about that. Clarissa was sitting behind, and since it is in the Choir loft, you can't go in the front.



Elizabeth (the other one) and Clarissa before we got started trick or treating. Elizabeth is Michael Jackson, he was her favorite entertainer. Clarissa was cold so no one could really see her costume, but no matter, she got enough candy to feed an army. Elizabeth got so much candy, her back started to hurt from carrying it. She did have her mom along (like Clarissa) to take half the load.






My friend Chris was "Danny Zuko" from Grease. No, he's not smoking, it is fake. He had the jacket and he even had the walk and talk. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a costume, you just need an imagination. And yes, I have a lot of 'young' friends. I don't know why, I guess they think I'm 'cool'.






Trick or treating in our neighborhood is safest when the kids go to the merchants. They are always prepared. They have tons of candy for the onslaught of kids. Here is one store, that had enough for everyone. That is my cutie in the pink trench.



Who said trick or treating is for the young? Here is a group of teenagers taking full advantage of the holiday. Armed with trick or treating bags and all. I don't know, but I am sure that bunny was cold!




And Halloween was not over yet, but the stores waste no time putting up the Christmas decorations. Here is a store in my neck of the woods that has the trees decorated and ready to entice.

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow, you are very brave to post videos of yourself! You sounded great!

I love Clarissa! Her costume was great! Glad you guys had fun.