Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Personal Christmas Movie Challenge

Since I am such a Movie Maniac, I thought I'd challenge myself to a movie challenge. I love Christmas movies, and I've seen so many. A challenge for me is finding new ones to watch. I often fall back on the staples such as "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's A Wonderful Life". Each year I manage to find a few new movies that I had not seen before. They could be new for that year, or Classic Movies that I didn't know where Christmas related.

This year I am going to challenge myself to watch 10 new Christmas related movies. New meaning I'd never seen them before, not new for 2010.

Some movies that I am considering include:
La Buche (1999)
A Christmas Carol (2009)
A Christmas Without Snow (1980)
In The Good Old Summertime (1949)


There are some movies that I really want to see, but are only on VHS, so I am hoping to catch them on TV. I generally watch around 25 Christmas movies a year, many of them old standards. I have just about exhausted the Classic Movies with Christmas themes, and I am trying to find more religious Christmas movies, but there are not too many. I will most likely be stuck with the dreaded Hallmark Christmas movies.

I am hoping to review them as I go, movie by movie. I am starting on November 15th and will go until December 26th. Hopefully I won't be too sick of them by then.

4 comments:

TheBookGirl said...

I just found your blog and think it is lovely :)
I enjoy Christmas movies also...one of my favorites is The Family Man with Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni...I'll be looking for your reviews, maybe I'll get some new ideas!

CamilleElise said...

If you haven't seen Bing Crosby's White Christmas, you MUST add this to your movie list!

Unknown said...

Hi camille, I did see that one and loved it, I saw "going my way" as well. those are some great flicks.

RC said...

I recommend getting your hands on "Christmas in Connecticut" a pretty funny film from the 1940s that isn't super-Christmasy but very enjoyable.