Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Great Thanksgiving Movie, and one sorta kinda Christmas movie

Everybody's Fine

Frank just lost his wife, and without their mother by his side, Frank's grown children aren't compelled to visit for the holidays. So he hits the road to visit them -- collecting various revelations and learning about himself along the way. An update of Giuseppe Tornatore's 1990 Italian film.

Well I'd like to find this italian version. What a sad movie. Fantastically acted all around, but very sad. Get the Kleenex! The Christmas part doesn't come until the end, and it isn't really a feel good type of movie for the season, but it made me smile at the end, right after I drenched my face.



A Familly Thanksgiving


A wealthy, successful corporate lawyer is living the high life in New York City with little time for anything except her lavish lifestyle until a close encounter with a bizarre mystic drops her into an alternative reality to see what her life might have been like had she made different choices.

This was a great movie. It was not as sappy as it sounds. I don't think it is on dvd yet, but perhaps you can still catch it on the Hallmark Channel this season. There are not many Thanksgiving movies out there, and not that many that I would really recommend, but this one I do. A very warm and fuzzy Thanksgiving movie that should be added to your collection.

1 comment:

TheBookGirl said...

I love those what if movies...I will be on the lookout for this one, thanks :)