Friday, August 14, 2009

Roasting in Hell's Kitchen

Photobucket

Roasting in Hell's Kitchen: Temper Tantrums, F Words, and the Puruit of Perfection by Gordon Ramsay

It took me a while to start reading this one. I bought it for my Kindle for a couple of bucks. I am a fan of Ramsay, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I always figure, if someone takes the time to write a memoir, they had it pretty bad or why bother, who would care?

Well Ramsay's life was pretty messed up, and this book shows why he is who he is. Growing up with an alcoholic father and a heroin addicted brother, the loss of his career as a footballer, not to mention having to make a go at it before he was of age, will either make you or break you. In his case, he made it. There is coarse language in the book, but I did expect that as he doesn't hold back on TV either. Pretty well written and informative.

Now I have a softer spot for him. I understand his need for perfection comes from, I understand what drives him, I understand why he expects so much from others.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: