Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday



What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
(Tell me you didn’t see this one coming?)

WOW! NOT an easy question at all, because many of the books I've read this year have been wonderful.

Beasts of New York by Jon Evans (ebook)

As far as I know, this is still only in ebook/online format. He cannot find a publisher and it is beyond me why.

This is a fairy tale for grownups. If you google "Beasts of New York Jon Evans" you will find it.

Here is the link: BEASTS OF NEW YORK
Oh yeah! It is free, no cost to download. Can be downloaded to a Kindle.


It is about a squirrel who lives in Central Park (NY). It is about his adventures as he is carried away from home to Staten Island. He works his way back to Central Park only to find himself in the midsts of a civil war.

Yeah, I know, it sounds out there, but it was so good!! Real grown up, and even thought the protagonist is an animal, it was engaging and you really forget that these are furry creatures.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds intriguing! It was hard for me to pick just one favorite, so I did a top five :) Here's my BTT.

Anonymous said...

Wow a story about a squirrel, that's quite original :)

Leslie said...

aww story about a squirrel! that's tooooo cute!
here's my btt

http://thatchickthatreads.blogspot.com/2009/08/booking-through-thrusday.html

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out. I couldn't narrow mine down to one. I have four listed at my place, Just Books. Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/08/booking-through-thursday.html

Melissa said...

This sounds interesting, but I don't have a good way to read ebooks right now.