Sunday, August 9, 2009

Believe by Dan Oran

Photobucket

I think I got wind of this book on my Facebook page. It kept creeping up in the sidebar, so I went to read about it and was interested. It was a Beta version for Kindle only, it wasn't much, I'm not sure what the price was but I think I paid $2.74. I had downloaded it and forgotten about it and then I remembered, so I started reading it. I was very pleased. Below is the synopsis:

Late December is a season of miracles, from the return of longer days to the commemoration of a long-ago birth that continues to inspire the faithful.
This short novel is set at that wondrous time of the year. On December 25, a man with amnesia -- and surprising talents -- appears at a Manhattan hospital. A struggling young doctor befriends the man, and together they search for the truth. It's a story about friendship and faith. And it's also a story about ripples: how the actions of one person can affect so many others.


So after reading that, I am sure you can imagine who the guy with amnesia is. After all, it is December 25th. But the story was not what I expected. Taking place in New York City made it especially enjoyable for me. I would think anyone reading this would have some thought of belief in Christ to take much away from it.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments: