Friday, August 7, 2009

The Beach House by Jane Green

The Beach House by Jane Green

Photobucket

Synopsis:
Sixty-five-year-old Nan Powell has lived comfortably and happily in Nantucket since the suicide of her husband, Everett, so she is thrown for a loop when she learns that she is in danger of losing her beloved house. After weighing her options, Nan decides to turn her home into a bed-and-breakfast. The guests she gets for the summer are all at a crossroads in their lives in one way or another. Daniel has just separated from his wife and is facing something he has denied for years; Daff is recovering from the heartbreak of a divorce and getting a much-needed break from her anger-filled 13-year-old daughter; and Nan’s son Michael is on the run from a disastrous affair. Nan finds herself opening up to her guests and enjoying their company, but she is shocked when she discovers a person close to one of them has a startling connection to her.

My Thoughts:
This is the third Jane Green book I've read. The first one Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans was outstanding. I read that in a few hours. I thought I found my new favorite author, so I read another book - Mr. Maybe and was less than impressed. A few years spanned between those books and The Beach House. Not one of my favorite books, but it was a worthy effort and an interesting story.

Rating:
3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: