Thursday, August 13, 2009

20 of my 101 memoirs / autobio / biographies

It will take some doing to find 101 M/A/B that I want to read. So far, I've managed to find 20 very interesting ones. I tend to read themes so I've grouped them that way.

Color Key: Read

Race Relations:
Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin
I'm Down by Mishna Wolff
One Drop: My Father's Hidden Life by Bliss Broyard
The Color of Water by James McBride
Dreams From my Father by Barak Obama

Religion: 23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese
Crazy For God by Frank Schaeffer
Save Me From Myself by Brian Welch
The Christmas Box Miracle by Richard Paul Evans
A Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

Writers:
A Backward Glance: An Autobiography by Edith Wharton
Edith Wharton: A Biography by R.W.B. Lewis
The Fairytale of my Life: An Autobiography by Hans Christian Andersen

Celebrities: Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball
The Music of Silence by Andrea Boccelli
Rage to Survive by Etta James

Uncatagorized: Singing my Him Song by Malachy McCourt
A Monk Swimming by Malachy McCourt
My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands by Chealsea Handler (Various)
Wasted : a memoir of anorexia and bulimia byMarya Hornbacher

No comments: