Monday, April 30, 2012

(Z) Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction

I first discovered Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction in 1987.  They played a song called "Prime Mover" on the radio.  Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction are a British Rock band that had their first hit "Wild Child" in 1986.


Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction play a sleazy style of commercial hard rock.  The camp lyrics are intended as self-parody, and can be seen as either humorous by those who "get the joke", or offensive by those who think they are serious.  Often they have a lascivious and misogynistic tone.




Here are some lyrics to Prime Mover.


Well I'm Christ In Shades, I'm A Napalm God
Your lipstick flickers round my lightning rod
Your fever pitch bitch, you love to tease
Well I'm a hot dog daddy, up on your knees
Sex Fuhrer baby I'm a Love Dictator
Blitzkrieg romance I'm a living detonator


...OK so you get the gist of the groups humor.  For those who are not prudish and love a good 'inside joke'.








1 comment:

Jeremy Bates said...

HaHa, great lyrics! I am going to see if I can run them down on You Tube. If not, it's off to the torrents. Thanks!