Monday, April 9, 2012

(H) History in Asphalt

History in Asphalt: The Origin of Bronx Street and Place Names, Borough of the Bronx, New York City by John McNamara


Non Fiction books are my thing, but I rarely read a book that is laid out like an encyclopedia.  I really have to be interested in the subject.  I am currently reading one of these type of books.

History in Asphalt is a book that lists every street, avenue, cul de sac...etc., and the origin of its name.  There are a lot of streets in the Bronx and they all are named after something or someone.

I haven't found another book that has such detailed information. This was defiantly a labor of love.  As you may or may not know, I'm a fan of New York City history and I love to read just about any book that deals with the city.


No comments: