Today, I will be singing in my choir at 3pm for Good Friday. Before that, at 1pm, our church has a procession. This is live reinactment of the "Stations of the Cross". I will be walking in that for the first hour (the second hour I have to practice).
Since this post is coming before I do the walk, I will share pictures from last years procession. My friend Chris was Jesus. He let his hair grow long for the part.
The Stations themselves are usually a series of 14 pictures or sculptures depicting the following scenes:
1. Jesus is condemned to death
2. Jesus is given his cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets His Mother
5. Simon of Cyrene carries the cross
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time
8. Jesus meets the daughters of Jerusalem
9. Jesus falls the third time
10. Jesus is stripped of His garments
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross
12. Jesus dies on the cross
13. Jesus' body is removed from the cross (Deposition or Lamentation)
14. Jesus is laid in the tomb and covered in incense.
Although not traditionally part of the Stations, the Resurrection of Jesus is sometimes included as a fifteenth station