Monday, October 5, 2009

When the Heart Cries by Cindy Woodsmall



When the Heart Cries (Sisters of the Quilt Book 1)

by Cindy Woodsmall

Who said that the Amish live a simple life?

I was not sure what to expect when I borrowed this book. The reviews I saw were all stellar, so I thought I'd at least give the first book a try. The first chapter was OK, I thought I may have to put it down. I didn't want to read about milking cows and young love.

But then....Excuse my French but JESUS CHRIST! Chapter 2 grabbed me by the throat and it never let up. The book synopsis does not tell you what really happens in this book, it tells you the underlying story but doesn't give away the real juicy stuff. If it doesn't, I won't either.

All I can say is Hannah is a seventeen year old Amish girl who has a horrible experience and the choices she makes causes her life to spin out of control, it is one thing after another. There are very few breathers or lulls in this book.

Women have it rough in life, but Amish women...man oh man!


There are a total of three books in this series and the story continues. I plan to read book 2 shortly.

If you want to learn about Cindy Woodsmall and her books (and read the first chapters)

Cindy Woodsmall Website

The other two books in this series are entitled:
When the Morning Comes
When the Soul Mends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never really equate Amish with drama. I may have to give this one a shot.