Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Busy's Christmas Reading Mini-Challenge

Photobucket

As I was surfing around some blogs I saw that somebody did a Winter Reading Challenge in 2008. I thought that would be a good challenge for me to try, of course I'd have to modify it as I'm in the midsts of many challenges. So, I think I'll attempt to read 5 Christmas themed books between November 1st and December 25th. I may actually read more, but I want to be successful at my mini-challenge.

Christmas Themed Books Read in 2009
1. A Treasury of Christmas Miracles - Karen Kingsbury
2. Skipping Christmas - John Grisham
3.
4.
5.
* * * *

Since I don't want to be a spoil sport, I will also do an 'official' challenge. This one runs from November 26, 2009 - December 31, 2009
The Christmas Reading Challenge:
Hosted by The True Book Addict

will run from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009
you can choose 1 - 3 books...I know it seems a small amount, but it's a busy time of year and the challenge is only a little over a month.

These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore or a book of Christmas short stories (sorry, no children's books, but YA novel is okay).

* * * *

Winter Reading Challenge
Hosted by
Book In Hand

So I was looking through my blog list today and the person I got the original idea for the Winter Reading Challenge is doing it again this year, so I also joined that. It all fits together so nicely. If you would also like to join this one, please go to Book in Hand: Winter Reading Challenge.
The rules of this one
The Winter Holiday Reading Challenge will last from November 1, 2009 to January 31, 2010.
The theme for this challenge is Winter Holidays. The books that you choose to read must have a storyline that includes celebrating a winter holiday, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year's, etc. (However the holidays are not limited to just these examples.)
You may choose the number of books you wish to read and a reading list is optional.
Read the complete rules on the website listed above.

1. A Treasury of Christmas Miracles - Karen Kingsbury
2. Skipping Christmas - John Grisham

No comments: