Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NanoWriMo 2009

This will be year #6 for me. My first journey into Nanowrimo was way back in 2004. I learned of it by accident. I was surfing around for writing contest and came across The Nanwrimo Website. It was only a few days before it was due to start.
Nanowrimo is a 'movement' where crazy people like myself will write (a novel) 50,000 words in 30 days (November 1 - 30). Most novels are more than 50,000 words, but this number will certainly get you started.

I've won all six years, but it wasn't easy, especially since in the states we have Thanksgiving in November. But it is a great thing for writers to do, and it is a lot of fun. The forum on the Nanowrimo website is very active before, during and after Nanowrimo (Nano for short). You can get ideas, encouragement or just spend time procrastinating. If anyone is crazy enough to join, please do, you won't regret it.

Every year by the end of November I say "Never again, I'm out next year", and every October I'm right back on the site, planning my next novel.

I will be keeping track of it here. Sometimes I post it in my mainsteam blog, but I don't have one, so since writing and reading go hand in hand, you guys will have to suffer. But it will be OK, I promise, I don't overload my blog with Nano stuff.

This year, I have my idea, my title and my characters, but I am unsure of what genre this will fall into. It is either Romance or Mainstream, I think it will develop as I write.

Right now my biggest concern is my banner....LOL! The things that matter!

Yes, the title of my novel is "Without Issue". The idea is still floating around in my brain about how exactly to proceed with this. But there are 18 days left before start date. I have always got it together before then, and managed to hold it together for the past six years, so why should this year be any different?







No comments: