Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Posting from Flickr


100_1072
Originally uploaded by kelsokraft


In case anyone is wondering why I post from Flickr so much it is because, I get most of my writing done at work, however, blogger is blocked at work, so I can't post. I learned that I can post to my blog from flickr. There are no frills, but the info gets on. The pictures usually don't have much to do with the post, I just pick one at random from my stream.

Movies:
I did see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this past weekend. We didn’t see it in 3D, and I hear I didn’t miss much because there was hardly any 3D to behold. I loved Part 2 more than Part 1, although I do understand that most of the juicy stuff happened toward the middle and end of the book, so the movie followed suit. It has been a few years since I finished reading it, and I had forgotten a lot. I am thrilled they did the epilogue. All and all I was very happy with the movie, it is a very fabulous end to a fantastic movie series. These will be watched for decades to come.

TV:
Design Star is back on HGTV (thanks Michelle for the heads up). Last night was the ‘white room’ challenge. Very few of the rooms impressed me, very few of the designers impressed me. I really am not a fan of Karen, her style or her attitude. Leslie is a little beauty queen to me, but at least her personality seems OK. Meg needs to get a spine and stop being afraid to ‘do stuff’. So far, none of the guys annoy me…let’s see in a few weeks.

Project Runway in 8 more days!!!!! Can’t wait.

True Blood has got my head spinning. This is the best season so far (I think). I like the introduction of the Wiccan’s. So let’s see we have Vampires, Shape-shifters, Fairies, Wiccans and regular folk…did I leave anyone out?

Books:
I’m still reading “Big Machine”, can you tell I’m not into it? It is only about 400 pages, I should be done by now. It is not that it isn’t good; I am just not seeing where it is going. Oprah usually suggests pretty good books, so I’ll keep at it. I’m only on page 100, I usually only give a book 50 pages to see if I like it or not, I’ll give it to page 200, if it doesn’t pick up, I might abandon, I hardly abandon books anymore.

I have heard good things about the book “The Hunger Games”. I think people are looking for a new YA adventure to get lost in.

And my son is currently reading “Game of Thrones Book 2”. He said it is fantastic. I think I’ll buy it on payday for my Nook.

Other:
SUNY hasn’t released their invoices yet, so I have no idea how much I am to pay for my son’s tuition. It could be anywhere from $0 to $1,500. And it has to be paid in a 4 month period. Bt the time I finish paying for fall, spring will be due. Thank goodness he got the RA position, this pays for his room & board. Not to mention his loans, scholarships and other assistance. This is the only way I’m affording this. Thank goodness for this Temp job too, or I’d be up a creek.

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hey girl friend! I missed you! I was away on vacation for 2 weeks then had to take a week to recover from the intense SC heat! OMG!!!! It is soooo freaking hot down there, I am not kidding!

I LOVE Design Star!!! LOL we always share the same shows! It is so funny.
I loved the white box challenge this time! I thought at least half of them were more creative than they have ever been.
I was not happy with who was sent home this week, I really liked her!
The guys I really l like are - Tyler Wisler (love him!), Mark Diaz (love him too, he's hot!). The girls I like are - Cathy Hobbs (very professional, but needs to get "out of the box"), Leslie Ezelle (very beautiful, but also very nice). Those are my favs. but I do like a couple of the others.