Saturday, July 2, 2011

Governors Island

Today I went to Governors Island.  We took the Ferry across. It was a lovely time.  I took a lot of pictures.  They had some exhibits, we didn't go to many, just a few.  My mother is not an exhibit type of person.  I went to an exhibit called "Designs for Living" which you can find on my Fiber Blog. Here are some other pictures.

This is the Brooklyn Bridge.

One of the many sculptures around the island.

Random: A former residence.

Our Lady of the CMA Medial Lab Chapel (I have no  idea)

St. Cornelius Chapel

A cannon in front of South Battery.  Probably used in the war of 1812.


This is South Battery, used in the war of 1812.


Clarissa standing in front of the fort, posing with some cannon balls.


This is the Statue of Liberty taken from Governors Island

No comments: