Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mother-in-Law

I never have talked about her. I have not seen her for over 10 years.  Why?  Her son is an idiot, that is why.  I felt it best just to stay away from all of them.  Over the past 10 years, she has moved to North Carolina, so I didn't hear from her in all that time.  I ran into her husband (Clarissa's step-grandfather) on the bus months ago.  Last month we went to hang out with her daughter (Clarissa's aunt) and on Saturday, we finally met up with her.  Her name is Mak Ye Kim, but we just call her Kim.

She was in tears when she saw Clarissa. The last time she saw her she was 2 years old (she is 12 now).  I am glad we finally put aside our differences.  She doesn't have contact with her son which suits me just fine. Clarissa has no interest in her father, but expressed a wish to meet the rest of the family.  God heard her prayers.

Hoping I can get down to NC next year.

3 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Loved this post!
and great picture.
I have not had contact with any of my ex-jerk, I mean ex-husband's family. And that is just fine with me.

Anne said...

Good on you for making that happen - how awesome for Clarissa. And an excellent pic!

Nan said...

It must make it easier that she doesn't have contact with her son. You're a good mother!