Thursday, October 21, 2010

Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans


Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans is the latest in a string of Christmas books for the author. This year’s offering revolves around a woman named Beth and her daughter Charlotte. This book is about the sacrifice of a mother and a mother’s love that knows no bounds. It is a lovely romantic story with Christian values, although the Christian values are so cleverly entwined that you don’t even realize they are there. This is the first time Evans has written something with a heavy fantasy theme, and the reader won’t realize it is fantasy until toward the end, although the reader will probably figure out something supernatural is going on mid-way through the book.

I enjoyed this year’s offering. I usually enjoy his Christmas books, as well as his other books. I am glad a few years ago I picked up one of his books because I thought the cover was pretty and I was looking for a quick Christmas read. Since then I’ve been on my library page every July requesting his latest Christmas book to be stocked by Christmas. In the past, I’ve had to request, however, this year, I did not have to, they were on the ball. I suppose I’m not the only one who is requesting these, but I am usually in the first batch of recipients, therefore, I'm always reading this Christmas book in October. More Christmas books to follow, next month or December.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Ease of Read: Easy
Estimated Reading Time: 2 days

No comments: