Wednesday, October 27, 2010

App for Nanowrimo

I discovered a new app. Someone posted about it on the Nanowrimo forums. I've been testing it out and I think it will work fine. Since I'm temping and don't know where I will be from one day to the next, and I do a lot of my nanoing at work, I will always have to remember to send my stuff home via email and to clean it off of the computer every day. What a pain, I thought. Then someone mentioned My Writing Nook. It is an on-line website where you can write from any computer and it is saved on-line, as opposed to on a hard drive. You can send yourself an email with it as well so you can have a back up. It has word count, It has dictionary and spell check. It also is an app for iphone/ipad/itouch/Android.

I was iffy about it, because sometimes when I am on the train, I get ideas. I hate to have to pull out my Molskine to write something. I was wondering if this would work, since it is on-line. But it does work. You can type anything, you can sync it later. You will never lose a thought.

This is put out by Google. I remember Google did something like this a few years ago, I think it was called Google Doc, but I don't know what happened to it, but I like this, especially because of the app.

So all of my nanoing this year will be done on this website & app. Check it out and see if it works for you.

No comments: