Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Artist's Way

I am attempting to do this again. I started doing it when the book first came out back in the '90's. I did the morning pages for about a week and then gave up. I cannot even find the book, I had to download a copy on my Kindle.

The Basic Principles

1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.

2. There is an
underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life – including ourselves.

3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.

4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.

5. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.

6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.

7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.

8. As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.

9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.

10. Our cre
ative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.


So among the other things I plan to do (Nanowrimo and Read A Thons), this will fit in. Not like I have a job!! LOL! Well one needs to laugh or they will cry.

* * *

Guitar is going go
od, we are now learning "House of the Rising Sun", which I pretty much have down pat. I also got my electric guitar fixed. It was given to me by my 1st husband before we were married. I told him I liked Eric Clapton's guitar and he bought me for Christmas a black and white Lotus Fender. Back then, I was learning how to play (20 years ago) but then I had my son, and that had to take a back seat. Over the years, the strings broke, but I just kept it in the corner out of the way. I finally decided to see if it still worked. I took it to my local music store and he fixed it up for me. It still played, and he put fresh strings and polished it. I bought a small amp, and I'm rockin' out now. I don't know when I will be able to by my Les Paul, so for now, this is a good electric to use. I mean, I still have my acoustic and classical guitars so it is not like I am without, I just want to be able to say I can play on an electric, and I can.

2 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I need to pull out my Artist's Way too. So far, I'm planning on doing NaNoWriMo again this year. Last year, I failed miserably! Are you doing the 24 hour read-a-thon this weekend?

You might be interested in this article about preparing for NaNoWriMo: http://writeanything.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/9-ways-to-prepare-for-the-national-novel-writing-month/

I thought it was really intersting and sounded very helpful. I can use all the help I can get...LOL!

Unknown said...

I am planning to do the 24 hour readathon on Saturday, however, there is going to be about an hour I won't be reading, because I have guitar class. I don't even have books picked out, but I plan to just read as I go. I have a few in mind, just not anything written in stone. thanks for the article, I will read it.