Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happenings

Hi everyone, I wanted to give an update.

I am currently working at a temp job in a cool Adverstising firm in Midtown. It is Long Term, but not sure how Long Term it is. The people are really nice, the work is easy but interesting, and my boss is a lovely woman. So right now, I'm happy!

* * *

Our choir entered a contest at NBC Today. Me and my friend Liz ran around trying to get this on a disc and sent off to the show before the deadline. My daughter took the video. Here is our little group (most everyone is there) and we are singing "Ave Verum Corpus" Elgar's version. I never really heard us before, we sound pretty damn good!


If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm the tall one in the center. I'm not really that tall, it is just that everyone else is below average in height. LOL!

* * *

October is almost over, and I have not read "Dracula" yet. Screw it! I will just read it whenever. I didn't read "The Exocist" yet either, and I purposly bought the book to read this month. But I will read this soon too. OK, maybe not until next January, because November is Nanowrimo, and at the moment I'm reading writing books, and "The Neville Reader". Once I'm finished with those, it is on to Christmas Reading. I have on my to read list "An Amish Christmas" as per Wendy.

October also means the end of the Horror movie fest. I've watched quite a bit of interesting stuff this month. Lots of Vincent Price, some Asian Horror and some recent stuff. I usually end up watching the Horror stuff until the 2nd week of November, because there is just so much. My daughter doesn't watch much of it with me, just the Vincent Price type stuff. Movies like "Halloween" and the like, she hides in the room. I did finally watch "Les Yeux Sans Visage" (Eyes Without a Face). It has been on my DVR for 2 years! My reaction....eh. It was OK. I mean it was from 1959, and it had a good creepy atmosphere, but I don't know if it is the cinematic masterpiece everyone says it is. 3 out of 5 stars for me.

Once I'm done with the Horror, it is right into Holiday movies, which there seem to be no shortage of. One would thing I would have a hard time finding new stuff to watch, but nope. I will have a list this year as well. Not as much as last year, but a few things that might interest.

Speaking of Holiday's, I got my tickets for The Radio City Christmas Spectacular. You would think the fact that I live in New York City, I should be at this show every year, but this will be my first time in the 43 years I've been on this earth that I am going. My daughter has been after me for years, but it turns out, when the season comes, I'm strapped. Not so much this year, considering I don't have a steady job. But it will be just me and her, so the tickets were not that expensive. In the past, I would have had to pay for 4 tickets, but Mark is not interested (he will be around, it is Thanksgiving weekend that we are going), but I think he'd bop me on the head if I said "Let's go!". My mom is unemployed so she isn't coming, and she wouldn't let me buy her a ticket either. I hope I can get some good shots. We are on the 2nd Mezz off to the left, my camera lens is up to 200mm, we'll see.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Awesome! I wondered if you were considering a career change. Even if it is a temporary assignment, I hope you enjoy spending some time in a different field.

While we had the Rockettes in Chicago for several years, I never went either. The big deal show is The Goodman Theatre doing A Christmas Carol. I haven't been since I was a kid! I should really find something to do this season.