Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Book #7 & #8, 25 Days of Christmas #15

Christmas Book #7
Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances - John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.  This book is a compilation novel comprising three separate stories that intertwine with one another. The stories are The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson,A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green, and The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle. The book follows three different teenagers as they experience a huge snow storm in the town of Gracetown during the Christmas season. (Wikepedia)

Though these stories intertwine, the story I enjoyed the most was Maureen Johnson's The Jubilee Express.  Like many people, I wanted to read this book because of John Green the author of The Fault in Our Stars.  But I felt his story was mediocre, as was Lauren Myracle's.  I am not sure if it was because Johnson's story is the lead story and she set the tone.  The other stories are not bad, I just personally didn't enjoy them as much.  3/5 stars.



Christmas Book #8
The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans -
Elise Dutton does not like the Christmas season, she has been divorced for three years and it has left her broken.  A stranger comes along and asks her to be his “girlfriend” for the Christmas season.  She agrees and a contract is drawn up.  What will happen?

I discovered RPE through his Christmas books, and I’ve usually adored them.  Although this book was pretty good, I felt it lacked that special something his books usually have.  I think it was because I was not choked up or blurry eyed when reading this.  By the end of this book, I was saying to myself, “Oh isn’t that….” But it was not as satisfying as usual.  However, it is a good, solid story. 3 out of 5 stars.


25 Days of Christmas

Holly Planter in Bryant Park, New York City
#15

No comments: