Sunday, December 28, 2014

Book Stats for 2014

Looking back on my reading habits for 2014 is interesting as it is every year.  I have a ton of TBRs on my shelves, but I often read other books.  It is enlightening to see what I read in a year and what types of genre's I gravitate toward.

As of 12/28/14

Total Books Read: 109

Christmas Books: 13

New Authors: 75

Female Authors: 43

Male Authors: 46

Classic Books (before 1970): 13

Historical Fiction: 26

All Fiction: 78

Non Fiction: 30

Poetry: 1




Some of my favorite books for 2014

1.  Perfect Peace by Daniel Black
2.  Wonder by R.J. Palacio
3.  Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.
4.  Burial Rites by Hannah Kent


Some of my least favorite books for 2014

1. Ulysses by James. Joyce
2. An Old-fashioned Thanksgiving and Other Stories by Louisa May Alcott
3. Tenth of December by George Saunders
4. Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiavirini
5. Faith by Jennifer Haigh
6. Insomnia by Stephen King


Books I wasn't sure I'd like, but did

1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
2. The Autobiography of Santa Claus (The Christmas Chronicles #1) by Jeff Guin
3. Bird Box by Josh Malerman
4. The Care and Management of Lies by Jacquiline Winspear
5. Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1) by Tom Robb Smith
6. I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe
7. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque












No comments: