Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Book #5 / 25 Days of Christmas #9, #10

Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris:  I listened to the audio version of this and I am glad I did. I think it translate much funnier in spoken form. This book is hilarious. I understand Sedaris has a different type of humor, sometimes it leans toward the macabre, but oh my, what a fun read/listen. 

I'm used to Christmas stories having a formula, but there is none here. It is just filled with reality checks and some things that make you go ooooh and ewwww.

I don't know if it is in the print version, but the audio version has a section where he does a little stand up. I thought that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. That story (section) is entitled 6 to 8 Black Men. 

I don't usually laugh at outright disregard for political correctness, but my goodness, this man is too funny.  4/5 Stars


The weather here has been pretty bad. We had a Noreaster, so I haven't been able to take any outdoor pictures.  So for the last 2 days, my pictures have been indoors.  


25 Days of Christmas

Day 9
Holiday Greetings


 Day 10
Lantern

No comments: