Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My thoughts on 3 books

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
 
Dysfunction at its highest! I felt this was a good story and is expertly paced. I thought the points of view switching back and forth from husband to wife helped the story stay interesting enough. I would have liked a little more ‘umph’ at the end, but closure is closure.


Dracula by Bram Stoker

 I finally read it, we listened to it. I listen to a very good version with a few narrators, both male and female.  I am not a fan of diary entries but this book moved pretty quickly through them and changed authors enough to keep it interesting.  Classic literature is sometimes hit or miss for me.  I'm glad I finally got to this one.

The Passage by Justin Cronin

I'm not a reader of contemporary vampire books and although I do read dystopian novels, I don't read them too often as I found them depressing.  I read this book for one of my Goodread groups (Thanks Michelle).  We had 8 weeks to read it, but when you borrow from the Library, you only have 3.  I got into it right away but then my interest waned. I felt the book could have been a tad shorter. Anyway, if you like the whole vampire thing then go for it. 

 

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I've heard great things about Gone Girl. I really want to read it. I loved Dracula. I read it not too long after Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula film came out (love that movie!). Personally, I love diary formats in books. I think that's because I was a big diary keeper when I was a kid (too bad I didn't stay with it). Thanks for joining us reading The Passage. I am SO behind! Luckily, we didn't chat last night because of the debate so I can get caught up for next week. I'm really enjoying it, but it's my kind of thing, I guess. =O)