At the time of this writing I have read 75 books out of the 85 I had planned. I'm ahead of schedule. I will no doubt finish my goal with no problem. I didn't have a reading plan when I started at the beginning of this year, and now that the year is almost over, it seems silly to have any goals, but I have a few to make the last 3 months go off without a hitch.
1. For November only: Read Books that are 300 pages or less. Preferably 200 pages or less. This is because I plan to participate in Nanowrimo, and my reading time will be taken up with writing time and I want to make sure I can finish a few books in November.
2. I am doing an alphabetical title challenge on Goodreads. I need to read 3 more books. The letters I need are Q, U & V. I need to read these before December 31st.
3. Any audiobooks will be 6 hours or less.
4. Balance Christmas reading. Last year I read a lot, but I didn't read much else during December. I like Christmas books, but I will not read as many this year as last year (I say that now).
5. No more non-fiction (except the one Christmas Non-fiction book I have planed), for the rest of the year. Non-Fiction dominated my reading this year. Time to put it to bed.
I think these are 5 doable goals.
I will be posting my reading goals for 2013 in a few days. As well as some ideas for keeping up with my journals / writers notebooks.