Friday, September 10, 2010

Son at School / Regis Philbin Avenue

One of his classmates snapped a picture of my son in action. This is him at the board in his JAVA class. I'm not sure if he is explaining a problem, or working something out. But it is nice to get a picture of him there.

The Bronx has some heroes. One that is still alive and kicking is Regis Philbin. His old neighborhood is about a mile from my home, and I finally managed to go that way and take a picture of the sign. The block itself, doesn't look like much, but I am sure it was much nicer 75 years ago.

A stretch of Cruger Avenue in the Bronx where Philbin lived as a child has been renamed Regis Philbin Avenue.

Philbin attended Our Lady of Solace grammar school in the Bronx. He went on to graduate from Cardinal Hayes High School in the Bronx.

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

That is so cool about Regis!!
Nice pic. of your son! He looks smart. You have real nice looking kids.