Monday, September 20, 2010

Read-A-Thon

Photobucket

The 2nd read-a-thon is approaching. It will be on October 9th. I orginally was not going to join, because on Saturday, I have guitar class from 4pm - 5pm. However, I thought about it and I really want to do this. I will not win, but I'm going for it, and read at all other times (waking hours), even in transit. I can do that since I will be taking the subway to and from class.

I have not chosen any books yet, but I believe I will read what I have here, I have many TBR books on my shelves and on my Kindle.

The last time I attempted this was April 2009, I failed, I only read one book. How sad is that!!

My minimum goal is 4 books and I hope to read 6. Once I get a preliminary list together, I will post.

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Yes! I totally think you should do it! My daughter has to work a whole shift and she is still doing it. Just do what you can. I will cheer you on.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm hosting a read-a-thon that's going on right now. It started yesterday and is going until Sunday at 8:00pm. It's a flexible read-a-thon and I made it a week long so people that work could join in at their leisure. You can still sign in at the sticky post on my blog, http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/ I'm having two giveaways...the main giveaway for anyone that signs in and participates and a mini-challenge giveaway. Hope you can join us.

Also, love that you chose that particular button for Dewey's read-a-thon. I made that for them! It's pretty, isn't it?!