Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booking Through Thursday



If you read series, do you ever find a series “jumping the shark?” How do you feel about that?

And, do you keep reading anyway?


I don't usually read series, however, I've read some.
The three most famous are Harry Potter, Narnia and LoTR and we all know how great those are.

A long time ago, the first series I read was "The Green Mile" by Stephen King. This was when that book was in 6 serial books. We passed it around work, I blew through that series, it was fun.

Other than those, I've read 2 other series:

Sisters of the Quilt series by Cindy Woodsmall

Crossroads of Grace series by Allison Pittman

I'm sure you can tell by the titles that these are Christian/Inspirational fiction. I actually read the Crossroads of Grace series out of order, but when I went back to book one after reading book 2, I was not disappointed. This was my first try at reading a series that wasn't 'popular'.

Sisters of the Quilt series revolved around the Amish community. I found it informative and interesting.

None of the above had Jumped the Shark, I found them all very good. I have never not finished a series.

6 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

I love reading series!!!! I am someone who doesn't like my books to end, I hate saying goodbye to my beloved characters. So by reading a series, I get to keep them a little longer.
I've read so many series i can't even name or count them! I have read Woodsmall's series, I like her.

Some other great ones to look into are - Stephanie Grace Whitson (my personal favorite!)
Tracie Peterson
Denise Hildreth (Savannah series)
and Lori Wick, just to name a few!

Gigi Ann said...

I read some series, and many other books. If a series or book bores me I never finish reading it or them.

Clare said...

If the first installment in a series fails me, I don't continue on.

Mary Grace said...

Nice take. Some people just don't feel reading a bunch of books and rather chooses a stand alone novel. :)

Thanks for dropping by!

Sugar and Snark said...

Glad to hear none of the series you have read have Jumped the Shark :)

Yvonne said...

I love series books and I always stick with them to the end, although it might take me forever to finish.