Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gearing Up for my Horror Fest

If you have been following me for at least a year, you know that during the holiday’s I like to watch certain types of movies. For example, during the Easter season, I usually watch a lot of religious films, this year, I didn’t, because I’ve seen just about everything I wanted to. This includes all the Epics like Quo Vadis?, King of Kings, The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur…etc.


During October, I watch Horror films in honor of Halloween. Some years I try to watch more of one type of the genre than others. I think last year I watched a lot of foreign horror, and one year I watched a lot of Vincent Price horror movies. This year is no different. I’m going to concentrate on Old horror films. The year ranges will be from about 1932 – 1970. Of course, this isn’t to say I won’t watch a silent or a more current film. I will probably watch some recent stuff that I missed if I can catch it on cable or get the disc from Netflix.


I will most likely get most of these films from the channel TCM. I’ve gone through the October schedule and found quite a few. Among these gems are:


Repulsion (1965)
The Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb (1964)
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1932)
A Bucket of Blood (1959)
Dementia 13 (1963)
The Devil’s Bride (1968)
The Black Room (1935)
Dead Men Walk (1943)
Bedlam (1946)
The Seventh Victim (1943)


Don’t fret, if your favorite isn’t here, I’ve probably seen it. I have watched ALL of the Vincent Price horror films, most of the well known films from the 1940s as well.


I still have 3 movies on my DVR from last October, that I saved for this October. I don’t watch horror films during the rest of the year unless it is something current (“Insidious” comes to mind). I hope to watch all of them in that month, I only give myself a few days grace into November to finish, then it is on to Holiday Movies (Thanksgiving, Christmas)

2 comments:

Nan said...

You are a braver girl than I! I can't watch any horror - I get too scared. :<)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Loved Insidious! Getting ready to watch it again tonight. I'm in Michigan visiting my sister and they haven't seen it yet.

If you like horror, even if it's just at certain times of the year, you are going to like my project I have in the works. =O)