Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I downloaded the update for my NOOK COLOR and now I can download Apps.  I'm also using the friend feature, but currently have only one friend (Thanks Wendy).  I have requested my mom to be my friend but she seems to be technically challenged when it comes to her NOOK.  This is a woman who used to be able to physically take apart/put together computers as well as take apart/put together computers with the software.  But the simple functions of the NOOK just elude her for some reason.

This weekend promises to be very busy.  Saturday Clarissa is in a local parade, she'll be twirling I think (she plays the drums too). Then I have to run to guitar class and then run back home for our official re-opening of our church.  We will be singing with other visiting choirs.  Then Sunday is Mother's day, but we are not going to celebrate until next Sunday because my son comes home on May 11th (which is also my mom's b-day).
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there. You can have human kids or the fur kind.  Hope your day is beautiful. 

Also take this day to remember all the Mom's (grandmoms, godmoms etc) who are with us and who are no longer with us.

Happy Mother's Day to:
Alberta
Lovie Bell
Margie

I miss you and I love you.

And since I'm on a Retro kick this week, let's post a pic of my mom from 1963, just because I can (and she looks fantastic).
Mom NYC 1963


Everything Mom
By Joanna Fuchs


How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.

How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.

I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.

3 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Yay! Hi "Friend"! You're my only friend too! We are so sad aren't we?

Love the picture of your mom!
Have a great Mother's Day!

Nan said...

Isn't that the best, best picture!! I was 15 in 1963. She doesn't look much older.

Cindy Swanson said...

Awww, I love the pic of your mom!

Thanks so much for having my blog on your sidebar!