Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Knives Chau scarf

Some time in the upcoming months I plan to start the "Knives Chau" scarf. It is a simple enough design to copy, and I think a simple knit/purl will work. For my birthday, my friend gave me a $25 gift card to Michael's, so I can buy some black and white yarn. Not sure how many skeins I will need, I want it to be long like the picture.

I still am working on my friends baby blanket, I haven't been working on it, it is too hot and I don't have a/c so yarn work takes a back seat in the summer. But things are cooling off.

It is almost time to decorate my livingroom for autumn. Scarecrows and the like. I love this time of year.

I've also been lazy with my reading. I don't have the concetration right now. I am listening to audio books however. So I'm not completley out of the loop.

Currently listening to Dale Carnagie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living". Pretty dry however, not as good as "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I also started listening to "Mustane", a memoir by Dave Mustane of the Heavy Metal group Megadeth. That is definetly more interesting and entertaining.
This past Saturday, we went to Central Park. We haven't been all summer, and since my son is leaving this week, an end of the summer trip was in order. I think I will also go back in the fall to take some more pictures, but here are recent ones.


Central Park Boaters

A bit of Fall in the Summer


Lilly Pads


Reflections

No comments: