Friday, January 15, 2010

More Interesting Stats


13/365 - Kindle
Originally uploaded by kelsokraft

I keep a detailed spreadsheet of the books I read and movies I watch. The book list consists of title, name, genre, pages, if it is a new or classic book, if it is audio or owned or library, date started, date finished, grade.

I wanted to see the average time it takes me to read a book. It turns out for last year, it took me an average of 7.81 days to read a book. With the lowest number being 0 and the highest being 38 days.

Then I added it to see how many days it took me to read all of these books. That came to 602 days. I thought this was incorrect as that would be about 2 3/4 years, but I then manually added it and it is still 602.

I read more than one book at a time, and that is probably why it is way over 1 year. I wonder if I read them back to back would it take me 2 3/4 years to read them?

I didn't bother to clock audio hours this year, because some of these books like "A Tale of Two Cities" took about 38 hours. All together I listened to approx 209 hours of audo books.

That is RIDUNKULOUS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Interesting! Very scientific!

I have an award for you:

http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/01/awards.html