Friday, November 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Movies & Books


Thanksgiving Movies
 
I am filling up my DVR with Holiday movies.  It is November after all.  I came across a Thanksgiving movie that is new, so I thought I’d pass it along.
 
Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade
Premiere:  Sunday, November 4, 2012
Time:  8pm
 
I get excited when I come across Thanksgiving movies. There are not many out there.
 
If you surf around you will see that there are a lot of movies that claim to be Thanksgiving movies, but I don’t feel are really.  Movies like ‘Pocahontas’.  I think of Thanksgiving movies as movies about Families and Thanksgiving.
 
Hannah and Her Sisters
Soul Food
Who Made the Potatoe Salad? (the e is not a typo)
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Dutch
Thanksgiving Family Reunion
An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving
Miracle on 34th Street (It encompasses both holidays so I put it for both)
A Walton Thanksgiving Reunion
The Thanksgiving Treasure
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Ice Storm (depressing)
A Time to Remember (depressing)
 
These are others, which I didn’t like, but still are Thanksgiving movies:
Home for the Holidays
Pieces of April
The Myth of Fingerprints
 
Thanksgiving Books
 
I’m only going to read one Thanksgiving book this year I think:
 
Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich.
It’s a romance novel, which I usually don’t read, but it is short and it is Thanksgiving themed.
Of course the Libraries in NY have to go back to full power before I can see if it is even ready for me to pick up. Hopefully they will extend the pick up time.
 
 
TV
I can’t talk about much since news has been on all day since Monday and many shows have not aired.  I managed to catch some of them on Free on Demand.
 
Revolutions:  OK now this is getting interesting
Upstairs/Downstairs:  I wonder if we can write a petition to have Amajad killed off.
 
That’s it.  I haven’t watched “World Without End” yet, I’ll watch it this weekend.
Two and a Half men didn’t have sound last night, we had very bad cable last night, so I’ll try and watch that and “The New Normal” on Free on Demand.
 
We finally got WPIX (The CW) back on our cable service, but of course, nothing has been on. But I’m happy because with WPIX gone we also lost Antenna TV. How am I supposed to live with out all of my shows from the 1970s???  I was going through withdrawal.

No comments: