Monday, November 21, 2011


BOOKS

I have started reading “11/22/63” by Stephen King.  It is very good, and it is taking me a long time to read it. But I suppose it doesn’t help that I’m also reading “A Year Without Autumn” by Liz Kessler at the same time.  I probably won’t finish King until next year because I have my Christmas reads coming up.  It’s OK, it is on my Nook, so it will be there.

I can’t list my Christmas reads yet, because I’m not quite sure what I will be reading.  A few books are coming due from the library, but those are the only ones I do know.

  1. Christmas at Harrington’s by Melody Carlson
  2. The Snow Angel by Glenn Beck

Others that will be up soon are:

  1. The Christmas Shoppe by Melody Carlson
  2. The Christmas Singing (Audio) by Cindy Woodsmall

The ones waiting in the wings and will probably NOT get read this year

  1. Angels in the Snow by Melody Carlson
  2. The Gift of Christmas Present by Melody Carlson
  3. The Christmas Hope by Donna VanLiere
  4. The Christmas Note by Donna Van Liere
  5. The Man Who Invented Christmas by Les Standiford (non-ficiton)
  6. A Christmas Star by Thomas Kinkade
  7. An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor

These are just a few that are waiting in the wings. The only one that I see getting read this year from this batch is #5. It is a non-fiction book about Charles Dickens and the Christmas Carol story and how it revived Christmas.  I can’t help it, I love non-fiction.

I love it so much that it takes me away from fiction reading.  So my goals for next year include:

  1. Reading less non-fiction, so I can read more fiction
  2. Read what is on my shelves (hard copies, Kindle, Nook)


MOVIES

There is no need to give synopsis’. They are holiday movies, feel good stuff.

Christmas Angel 2009
Cancel Christmas 2011
The Case for Christmas 2011
A Christmas Wish 2011
A Day of Thanks on Walton’s Mountain 1974
A Walton Thanksgiving Reunion 1986
Moonlight and Mistletoe 2011
Star Shall Rise/String of Blue Beads 1953


The REST

I started taking art classes. The last time I had any formal instruction was in High School, and that was a long time ago.  So you might see some stuff here from time to time that I am working on.

My son should be home Wednesday evening.  He’ll leave on Sunday. But that is OK, because he’ll be back for Christmas and for a whole month.

I haven’t started Christmas shopping yet, but there is very little to do. I plan to start next Saturday.








1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hey i just bought "The Christmas Shoppe"! So that is on my reading list too!