Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A-Z Wednesday

Photobucket
A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicky of Reading at the Beach

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!
To join, here's all you have to do:
Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.
Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link (amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.(We all love comments, don't we?) Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.


This Week's Letter is "M"


Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert


For this novel of French bourgeois life in all its inglorious banality, Flaubert invented a paradoxically original and wholly modern style. His heroine, Emma Bovary, a bored provincial housewife, abandons her husband to pursue the libertine Rodolphe in a desperate love affair. A succès de scandale in its day, Madame Bovary remains a powerful and arousing novel.


AWESOME. I listened to this on an audiobook. I was pleasantly surprised that it was good and that I enjoyed it. I do often read/listen to Classic novels, but when I read the synopsis I thought "sounds pretty boring", but it wasn't. It was suspensful, surprising and just good story telling.



8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I have heard so many good things about this book!

A-Z Wednesday: Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundell

Kristen said...

I read this years ago and remember enjoying it. I should probably re-read it as an adult and see what all I missed the first time through. ;-)

Beth said...

I love reading classics. I'll have to add this one to my list. Here is my "M" book.

me again said...

I read this years and years ago; it's a GREAT choice for this week!

Here's my M book :-)

==lennie==

Bryan R. Terry said...

This is one of those books that falls under the category of "I Probably Should Read But Haven't Gotten Around to it Yet."

My M Book is HERE

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this book before, great choice!

Thanks for playing!

Kim said...

Another classic I keep thinking I should read someday! Great M book and I love the cover of that edition.
*smiles*
Kim
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/2009/11/z-wednesday-m-books.html

Irene said...

i haven't read this one, but maybe...Here's Mine.