Friday, December 20, 2013

The Months...a quick review



I am still working on my reading nook.  The big pieces are done.  I need a table and a lamp.  At the moment, I am using a folding TV table and an old lamp that has no on/off switch.  Luckily it is hooked up to the outlet that is attached to the wall switch.  At least I have filled up the shelves more or less and the chair is comfy.  I think I want to get an ottoman.  But it is a far cry from the reading nook I had in the smaller room.  I would like to switch out the chair (this chair is over 60 years old).  But my doorway is too small and only certain chairs can fit into the room.


I am currently on break from school. It has been a rough semester.  I'm taking 15 credits, but am doing well.  I've managed to keep up my reading, and so far have read 82 books.  My goal was 60 for the year.  I wanted to do 100 as usual, but I knew school write could alter that plan.

I've been doing some Christmas reading.  I have read this year so far:

The Letter - Richard Paul Evans
The Christmas Stories - Charles Dickens
The Christmas Wedding - James Patterson
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - Barbara Roberts

The last two are children's books.  Sometimes I need to have a little light reading.  I am currently reading 2 more Christmas books. Hopefully I can have them done before the end of this year.

A new favorite author I discovered this year is Joe Hill who some of you may know as Stephen King's son.  I've read NOS4A2 and Horns.  And once my life calms down, I plan to read Heart Shaped Box.

I'm very happy...my favorite Christmas movie comes on tonight.  It's a Wonderful Life!! I have been waiting all year for this.  My other favorite Christmas movies, Scrooge/A Christmas Carol, the one with Alistair Sim, came on Thursday night. My DVR is full of Christmas movies, but these two top the list.  Along with one I missed this year, the original Miracle on 34th Street. It is just not Christmas until I watch at least one of these.
On Christmas Eve - Ann Martin


1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Glad to see your back on the blog. Yeah, school really takes up the time. Sounds like you're doing well and you still read more than I did this year!

Love the reading nook. Looks very cozy.

I'll be lucky if I get three Christmas books read this year. I've finished one...and Indy by Barbara Briggs Ward, The Snowman Maker. Just reviewed it on my Christmas blog yesterday. I'm reading Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher right now and hoping I might get to A Winter Dream by Richard Paul Evans before the year is out. We shall see!

Have a Merry Christmas, Liz!