Tuesday, March 27, 2012

12 WEEKS


Beverly & I in Harlem
Originally uploaded by kelsokraft

I have 12 weeks until my birthday. I have been slacking off in the weight loss department. This picture of me is from August 2011, but I look no different. In this photo I weigh approx 205 lbs. OK, I am six feet tall, but it is still overweight.

I currently weigh 203 lbs (got on the scale this morning), so since I started my weight loss journey in January I've lost 3 lbs.

I'm kicking into high gear. They say a safe weight loss is 1 lb a week. That means in 12 weeks I should be down to 191 lbs.

It is so hard t lose weight at the age of 40+. In the past I would have lost the weight in aboout six weeks.

I'm also not thinking 'diet'. I'm thinking 'health'. I am excersising for 1 hour a day, this is usually walking about 3 miles at a 3.5 to 4.0 pace. Either on the treadmill or outside (I alternate). When I have some energy, I will lift weights at night.

Although I am going for the 12 lb weight loss in 12 weeks, I do realize that if I start lifting, I may not get there, however, if my waist line shrinks, then that is also a sign that I'm moving in the right direction. I measured my waist and to my horror it is 39.5 inches. If my waist is a 36 by the end of 12 weeks I will be happy (that's sad).

OK...contract to myself. 12 lbs in 12 weeks and/or a 3.5 inch waist loss.

Wish me luck.

No comments: