Monday, January 2, 2012

5K

Other than reading more books and watching more movies, I am planning to do some other stuff.


I am once again training to run my 1st 5K.  I started this about 3 years ago, but never got that far. I had to quit the gym because I didn't have the funds.  But I joined another gym, a less expensive one, therefore, I am attempting to do this again.  I would like to be able to run and finish my first 5K by spring.  I was training outdoors, but now winter has finally decided to rear it's ugly head, so indoor training is probably best.


I've also cut back on my wheat consumption.  I need to lose this weight.  Even when I work out, my belly remains, so I want to see if removing most wheat will improve this.  


In the process I would like to lose some weight. My ideal amount of weight would be 40 pounds, but I will be happy with 30.


This is not a New Years resolution. I wanted to start this in October, but I feel it is futile during the last 3 months of the year as there are holidays that get in the way.


So I went to sign up for the gym today, here is a conversation I had with the fitness instructor.


Fitness Instructor: What are your fitness goals?
Me: I am training for a 5K
Fitness Instructor: *Blank Look*
Me: It is a race....
Fitness Instructor: Ohhhh...



I'm a little scared.  I know some people don't know what a 5K is, but I would hope that someone in the fitness industry who works in a gym might have at least a working knowledge of some things.  But whatever, she's not training me.

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

wow, well aren't you the ambitious one?
Last year I lost 25 lbs. this year I hope to loose at least 10 (maybe 15) more, I think the last 10 is the hardest to loose!
But I can't run. I do wish you the best of luck girl!
Run, Forest, run! (insert "Liz" for the name Forest).