Sunday, January 20, 2013

Selected Poems: Oscar Wilde

Selected Poems: Oscar Wilde 


Oscar Wilde has such a way with poetry. I've read a lot of poetry in my life, but no one can tell a story like him. "The Ballad of Reading Gaol" is now one of my favorites. This book not only has the version that is commonly known, there is a version that was written prior to this one. Which I liked just as much if not better. This book includes the following poems: The Ballad of Reading Gaol (2 versions)

Ave Imperatrix
To My Wife - with a Copy of My Poems
Magdalen Walks
Theocritus - A Villanelle
Greece
Portia
Fabien Dei Franchi
Phedre
Sonnet on Hearing the Dies Irae Sung in The Sistine Chapel
Ave Maria Gratia Plena
Libertatis Sacra Fames
Roses and the Rue
From 'The Garden of Eros'
The Harlot's House
From 'The Burden of Itys'
Flower of Love

No comments: